Thursday, July 26, 2012

That damn concert...

Hello everybody! Before I start writing, I just want to apologize for the previous blog posts. The text on them looks a bit messed up doesn't it? I just dunno how to work this site yet. I'm lazy to experiment you see. :P

So tonight I was talking to my best friend about religion, politics, and how messed up our government and culture are. As you might know from my previous blog posts, I live in the Philippines. A Catholic country. The school I go to is a Catholic school too, and there's this bell that rings at 12 noon and 3 PM to signal that it's time to pray. I wrote something about it a while back but I never bothered to post publish it anywhere. I will now, and this is it:

'Today as I was about to walk down the CAS building after the end of my last class, a bell rang signifying the start of the 12 o'clock prayer. A friend walking by my side stopped in her tracks and asked me, "Why don't you stop? It's time to pray." I told her I didn't like scheduled prayers. I left it at that, but deep inside my mind the 'Philosophy Express' was taking off on its next expedition. Running through my head like a monologue, my thoughts came to me. 'Everyday in this school, people stop what they're doing to pray to God. If that bell wasn't around to remind them to do it, most of them wouldn't even remember to pray. Can we ever consider it sincere? Is it even worth any consolation or merit? I feel like the will of these people praying around me has been reduced to obedience in response to the ring of a bell. A response to a stimuli. If God our Father truly existed, would he be happy with the way he is being worshiped? Does he want to be worshiped at all? If I were him to watch my people like this, I would renounce myself as ruler over these people, for if I had children, I would rather live as a peasant and raise my children to become kings and queens, than to acquire kingship and have be the slaves that grovel at my feet.''

I'm not trying to impose any of my beliefs or values on people. (Not saying I wouldn't if I could.)
This is just the type of thing that runs through my mind on a daily basis. Eh... don't mind me. I'm loony. I'm gonna talk about my life now.



So there are these bastards near my house who host a concert on a yearly basis. The concert, lasts 10 nights. They play loud music every one of those 10 night, into the wee hours. The music is so loud, I can't fall asleep. (If you think that's why I'm writing my blog right now, because I can't sleep, then yes, you're right. That concert is happening right now.)
These bastards should be killed. They play the same songs 10 nights in a freaking row. Who can get to sleep around here? Their concert lasts till 5AM too. wth. And the police don't do shit about it cause apparently they've got a permit issued by the mayor. Tonight is the first night of the concert I think... but to be honest I'm not sure. It might be a political campaign using a concert as entertainment. A while ago I heard a little girl on the microphone talking about her barangay (barangay = basically means village in the Philippines. It's the smallest form of political division here. Smaller than a city.) and I was disgusted. I find it terrible that politicians have to use their children to help with their campaign. They get votes because their kids are forced to stand in front of a crowd and speak into a microphone? That's crap. Their kids are cute, yes, and it's fun to hear young minds speak about the big world, but why vote for someone just because their kids support them? Obviously they were asked to do it. 8 year olds (The girl introduced herself as 8 years old) don't just help their parents campaign. They don't even know what happens in politics unless they're geniuses. It's such a disgusting thing in the world that these people get support from the people using such dirty tactics. Using their innocent-looking and cute children as tools for power.

I'm sleepy now. My rage has alleviated. Good night~

WAIT. STOP. FUNNY PICTURE FIRST.

LOL


BURN



ANOTHER BURN PICTURE



I plan to make one. Seriously. Using Krispy Kreme donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment