Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Philosophical Fever

Hey everybody, I haven't posted in a while. I completely forgot I even had a blog. Anyway, I'm pretty sick tonight, and I tried to sleep early but I just can't, so I've decided to post something.


I'd like to talk about some annoying internet phrase which has been giving me cognitive cancer lately. It's called YOLO. It's apparently some made up excuse for stupid teens to do crazy things because they 'only live once'. I got so irritated seeing the phrase ( lol drama) all over facebook that I posted this status a few days ago. 'Some people believe that you should live everyday like it's your last. YOLO (You only live once) right? Well I'm different. If I died, at this very moment without finishing what I started in the world, I wouldn't fret. Because I will die with ambition in my heart, and with hope for the next generation to finish what I started and make me proud even from the hypothetical afterlife.' It was pretty ironic that one of the people who kept using the phrase liked my status. Meh. Sheeple.


Remember how I live in the Philippines? Well...


This photo has been circulating facebook lately. Wtf at this photo. Seriously. Who made this up? This is as retarded as those chain text mails telling me that August 13 Tuesday will be the only August 13 Tuesday for the next 33 years (FYI that's not true for the 5 people who sent me the same chain text). I know that the average person is smart enough not to take shit like this seriously... but then again, there are the people who DO take shit like this seriously. That worries me deeply. Spread love all over the Philippines? More like spreading sexual harassment all over the Philippines. If anyone touches my girl I'm gonna (insert phrase with 21 explicit words here). Just now I noticed the little source at the lower right portion of the photo. No wonder it's so dumb. It was posted by one of those crazy girls from tumblr. (No offense if you use tumblr. There are just some nutjobs on tumblr is all)


One last thing I wanna talk about tonight. It's about justice. Do ends justify means? If one's intention is not malicious, can their actions still be considered ones of malice? In my opinion, people are to be judged according to a person's situation, not purely for their dispositions. Such is a problem in society today. When one (especially a person of prestige or fame) commits an act which is deemed immoral or shameful, the world scorns them. People judge according to what they hear in gossip, without knowing the truth. The masses are suckers for drama, and are easily misled. I want to live in a world where this doesn't happen. I want a world where honor and infamy is bestowed on to those who deserve it.
 (Yes, I know I got off topic from justice and am spouting out random things. Sue me. I'm literally tired and sick.)


Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment